How to Weather Your Life Storms
As you continue to age, you will inevitably encounter many life problems and challenges—this is the reality of life and living. As a super-ager, you need the wisdom not only to weather these life storms but also to create the life you want in spite of their life storms.
When your life changes abruptly, it can be like a huge storm that shakes you to the core. Your first task is to weather the storm that has happened to you.
First and foremost, you will have to learn to cope with shock, avoid emotional meltdown, and alleviate stress.
Always remember the wisdom of the wise:
”When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
~ Henry Ford
“Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”
- Napoleon Hill
Here are some of the strategies that will help you weather your life storms:
1. Keep warm. When you experience shocking news, your body may get very cold and you start to tremble and shiver. Make sure you feel comfortably warm.
2. Let others care for you. When you are in a crisis situation, it’s important to allow friends and family members to care for you.
3. Seek medical help if necessary, especially when you can’t eat or sleep over several days.
4. Talk to your friends. Empty what is inside you, and llet it all hang out in front of your friends.
5. Don’t make big decisions at this stage. Defer any major decision until you feel more in control.
Weathering life storms may also prevent the devastating impact of any emotional meltdown, resulting in mood changing, irritability, a weakened immune system, loss of appetite or food addiction.
Stephen LauCopyright© by Stephen Lau